Examples of SMART objectives
Here are some generic examples of SMART Objectives:
- Business Development - Develop 3 new client relationships for my practice area, generating new revenues of at least £1.0m for the Department.
- Client Development - Develop 3 existing client relationships for my practice area, generating revenues of at least £1.0m for the Department.
- Collaboration & Cross-Selling - Develop 3 new & existing client relationships for the benefit of other practice areas. Focus on Real Estate & Banking.
- Key Sectors - Deliver 3 major contributions to the firm’s Sector Programme & communicate these to the sector teams. Focus on Mining & Industry in the Middle East.
- Profile Building - Develop my profile in the market, establishing a reputation as an expert in Banking & Finance, achieving Tier One in Legal 500 & Chambers.
- Business Management - Achieve the firm’s benchmark profit margins of 30%, exercising strong financial discipline on all my matters and client relationships.
- Firm Contribution - Identify & deliver 3 initiatives to help deliver the firm’s strategic vision and core objectives. Focus on the Firm's Diversity & Inclusion Programme.
- Service Excellence & Innovation - Identify 3 ways to innovate to improve service delivery & exceed client expectations. Focus on building a feedback loop with all clients.
- People & Leadership - Support and develop team members to achieve promotion to senior roles within the firm, in line with the firm's Talent Programme.
- Client Satisfaction - Ensure a positive satisfaction rating of above 80% from RBS on the South-East Asia Project. Focus on delivery and pricing as key indicators.
- Pricing - Deliver 5 new innovative pricing solutions for the firm, focused on generating client value. Focus on project delivery and scoping for large matters.
If you would like some more examples, contact email@example.com for more details.